New King James Version (NKJV Bible)
|Publisher||Thomas Nelson, Inc.|
Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely new, modern translation of Scripture, yet one that would retain the purity and stylistic beauty of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translation applies the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies.
Bible Quotation Policy: NKJV
The below applies to any Bible of the New King James Version (NKJV).
Written permission is always required if you are writing a book or developing any form of product that uses Scripture.
Fair Use Guidelines: (all must apply)
- No more than 250 verses quoted in total.
- Scripture does not make up more than 25% of the total text.
- Scripture does not account for an entire book of the Bible.
- All Scripture must be properly cited (see below).
Scripture from any of the Thomas Nelson translations may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, or audio) up to two Hundred fifty (250) verses or less without written permission, as long as the Scripture does not make up more than 25% of the total text in the work and the Scripture is not being quoted in commentary or another Biblical reference work. If an entire book of the Bible is being reproduced, regardless of verse count, written permission is required.
Not covered by Fair Use:
- Scripture on a product in which the verse stands alone such as artwork, notecards, crafts, novelty products, jewelry.
- Use of charts, maps, illustrations, footnotes, study notes, reference material, and the like.
- Fair use guidelines do not apply to smart phone applications, media platforms, websites, or related digital products.
- If you are interested in using an entire book of the Bible or an entire Bible translation, please contact Thomas Nelson's licensing department.
Any use of the NKJV text must include a proper acknowledgment as follows:
"Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved."
Please note: Churches requesting to use a small selection of material for church bulletins, sermons or classroom use that falls within our “fair use” guidelines, formal written permission is not necessary. Churches may use stand-alone quotations/scriptures in sermons, bulletins, newsletters, or projected in a worship setting without asking written permission provided the translation is correctly cited.
For further information and guidelines, please go http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/dept.asp?dept_id=190660&TopLevel_id=190000