All the Men of the Bible - Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Obed [Ō'bed]—worshiper or a servant who worships.
- Son of Boaz, by Ruth, and better than ten sons to her, since through Obed she became an ancestress of Jesus Christ (Ruth 4:17-22; 1 Chron. 2:12; Matt. 1:5; Luke 3:32).
- Son of Ephlal, descendant of Judah (1 Chron. 2:37, 38).
- One of David’s valiant men (1 Chron. 11:47).
- A son of Shemaiah, a gatekeeper at the Tabernacle in David’s time (1 Chron. 26:7).
- Father of Azariah, in the time of Athaliah (2 Chron. 23:1).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.