All the Men of the Bible - Friday, April 18, 2014
Adaiah [Ăd-aī'ah]—jehovah hath adorned or pleasing to jehovah.
- A man of Boscath and father of Josiah’s mother (2 Kings 22:1).
- A Levite descended from Gershom (1 Chron. 6:41-43).
- A son of Shimhi the Benjamite (1 Chron. 8:12-21).
- A Levite of the family of Aaron, and head of a family living in Jerusalem (1 Chron. 9:10-12).
- The father of Captain Masseiah who helped Jehoiada put Joash on the throne of Judah (2 Chron. 23:1).
- A son of Bani who married a foreign wife during the exile (Ezra 10:29).
- Another of a different Bani family who did the same thing (Ezra 10:34, 39).
- A descendant of Judah by Perez (Neh. 11:5).
- A Levite of the family of Aaron. Most likely the same person as No. 4 (Neh. 11:12).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.