All the Men of the Bible - Saturday, February 1, 2014
Jesaiah, Jeshaiah [Jēsā'iah,Jē shā'iah]—jehovah is opulent or hath saved.
- A son of Hananiah and grandson of Zerubbabel (1 Chron. 3:21).
- A son of Jeduthun and a musician in David’s time (1 Chron. 25:3, 15).
- A Levite, son of Rehabiah and grandson of Eliezer, son of Moses (1 Chron. 26:25).
- A son of Athaliah and head of his father’s house at Elam, who with seventy males returned from Babylon with Ezra (Ezra 8:7).
- A Merarite included in the above seventy (Ezra 8:19).
- A son of Benjamin, the father of Ithiel whose descendants dwelt in Jerusalem (Neh. 11:7).
Devotional content drawn from All the Men of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer. Used with permission.